This blog's title means "Cuban-hearted woman" (very loosely translated!). I settled on this name because it had a nice ring to my unschooled ear and, more importantly, because I think the Cuban people seem to have so much
heart, and they're in my heart for that reason. In general, the people I've met in Cuba are quite consistently open-hearted and big-hearted in the way they relate to each other or to visitors in their beautiful land. A piece of my heart now resides in Cuba, with the warm, wonderful friends I've made there. This blog is not intended to be a guide to Cuba, just a forum for my eclectic bits of writing – poetry, opinion pieces and information gleaned from my personal experience and reading.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Better yoga posse price for Oct. 12 women's trip

All-Girl-Yoga-Posse TRIP UPDATE

NEW & IMPROVED PRICING:
        $548 for 1 week, Oct. 12-19
        $858 for 2 weeks, Oct. 12-26

SAME DEADLINE & DEPOSIT:
        June 17, 2011, by 2 p.m.      
       $150 non-refundable deposit required
       VIP Cabana pkg. at Club Amigo Marea del Portillo, Cuba
        - includes flight, taxes, accom., food, beverages, lobster lunch,
           asstd. excursions, etc., etc.

Amigas,

I am still learning the nuances of the Sunwing booking process. I knew we needed a minimum of 10 for our initial booking and that we could add more on later but I didn't fully grasp that we can only add on 25% of the number we initially book. What that means is we need to book as many people as possible by June 17 - so that we'll be able to keep the door open for late-comers.

I learned this when I contacted my Sunwing rep yesterday, thinking I could go ahead and book our group, since we now have 13 women who have paid their deposits. In the process, I was able to get us a slightly better price, so I hope that will be further inducement for signing up by the end of this week! If you know someone who wants to go but has been procrastinating, please give her a nudge and remind her about the deposit deadline.

To book someone for this trip, all I need is the woman's name as it appears on her passport, her date of birth and the $150 deposit. The balance will be due in late August, when I will also host an info./get acquainted night for participants. For those signing up for Wendy Martin's Yoga on the Beach, the fee is $60; contact her directly to pay.

For those who have already paid the deposit - thanks! Even though you signed up when the price was $578, you will get this new, great rate. If you feel you can spare the $30 discount money, I would ask you to consider this: $30 is the cost of shipping a bike to Cuba. That's one of the projects I use money from my Cuban Friends' Fund to cover; I take bikes to give away every time I go to Marea del Portillo. If you want to help, just let me know.

I'll be looking forward to hearing from you, via email (jcgb@vianet.ca) or phone (705-788-1791). Deposits can be dropped off at my store (reVIBE!) or Wendy Martin's studio (Sacred Breath Yoga), both in Huntsville. Or, you may want to use the PayPal ("Donate") link on my blog but, if you pay this way, please add $5 to cover the service charges.

Adios,
Jenny

P.S. Please pass this on to anyone you think may be interested - the more, the merrier!

No comments:

Post a Comment